Thursday, April 29, 2010

Biofeedback.

Today I am trying something new.  Biofeedback testing as developed by Adam Glass, nail-breaker and steel-scroller.  Basically one uses their own body to test how effective an exercise is going to be on any given day.

Using a simple ROM technique I tested pull ups, jerks, snatches, cleans and deadlifts.  The jerks improved my ROM and so did the cleans, so I am doing OALC today.  First set felt good and my ROM continued to improve.

One Arm Long Cycle @ 20 kg                4 min @ 8 rpm
                                                             4 min @ 8 rpm (m4 @ 7rpm)

Jerks @ 20 kg                                       6 min @ 8 rpm (m2 @ 10 rpm)

Jerks @ 16 kg                                       6 min @ 10 rpm (m5 @ 7rpm)


I'm testing every time to see how my body responds.  took 15 min break and gonna test again.

Med weight jerks still test well, gonna do some shorter sets higher rpm


Jerks @ 20 kg                                        4 min @ 10 rpm (m2 @ 12, m4 @ 8 rpm)
                                                              4 min @ 10 rpm (m2 @ 9, m4 @ 11)

last set did not test as well.  gonna take a 5 min break and test once more.


Jerks @ 16 kg                                        6 min @ 12 rpm (m5 @ 8, m6 @ 13)

Perfect Push Up                                     2 x 5   x 3

KB Squats @ 24                                     2 x 8   x 3



So for a first workout, biofeedback seems awesome.  Time to listen to the subtle messages of my body, rather than following someone else.  Perfect.  We will see how it goes.

Total Kg: 7028  (increased on a day I was quite tired and contemplating resting)

No comments:

Post a Comment